- Residents must complete BLS and ACLS prior to starting residency.
- All of our residents take the American College of Physicians In-Training Exam annually.
- US Medical School Graduates are required to become eligible for, apply for and receive licensure in Louisiana upon successful completion of PGY-1 year.
- Moonlighting is allowed during the PGY-2 and PGY-3 years for licensed residents in good academic standing in the program, as per the requirements of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. All moonlighting will be monitored by the Program Director. We expect moonlighting to not interfere with a resident's primary responsibilities to the Program, his/her patients and his/her colleagues in the Program. Before residents can moonlight they must be ACLS certified (and in some circumstances, ATLS also) and give proof of malpractice coverage. Residents will be required to register their hours and sites with the program.
- We are committed to call frequency that does not exceed every fourth night for PGY-1 house staff.
- We offer a flexible maternity/paternity leave policy.
- We only accept applications through ERAS.